What Makes Our Bowling Green Law Firm Different?
Facing legal challenges can be stressful, no matter how straight-forward they might seem. Lanna Martin Kilgore, PLLC understands this and provides her clients with professional service and personalized attention from the start. As the founder of her own law firm, Ms. Kilgore takes pride in the quality legal assistance she provides to clients. With larger firms, you sometimes end up feeling like just a number. Paralegals return most of your phone calls and you rarely get a chance to speak to your attorney. That won’t happen if you are a client of Lanna Martin Kilgore, PLLC, Attorney at Law.
All attorneys need to get their start somewhere, but you don’t necessarily want a new law school graduate working on your case. As a client of Ms. Kilgore, you receive the benefit of her 25 years of experience practicing in different areas of law. These include:
- Agreed divorce: If you and your spouse are both ready to move ahead with the divorce process, Ms. Kilgore will represent you from the initial filing to the final dissolution of your marriage. She will assist you with filing paperwork, answering questions, calculating child support you get or receive, and anything else you need.
- Bankruptcy: If you meet Kentucky’s requirements to file Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, it can provide you with a fresh financial start in life. Ms. Kilgore will help you weigh the pros and cons, determine your eligibility, and walk you through the process of filing for bankruptcy.
- Civil litigation: When you get into a legal dispute with another person or a business and you can’t resolve it amicably, Lana Martin Kilgore, PLLC can help you manage the litigation process. Breach of contract, business torts, contested wills, child custody disputes, and land disputes are just some of the many areas she is available to represent you.
- Personal injury: Car accidents, medical malpractice, and defective products are common types of personal injury caused by the negligent actions or deliberate deceit of another party. Ms. Kilgore understands that a serious injury can have significant life-altering consequences and she fights to obtain a fair settlement on your behalf.
- Probate and estate planning: Even if you don’t consider yourself wealthy, you probably have strong preferences for where your money and property go after your death. Estate planning ensures that your wishes are followed and that everything you worked so hard to earn doesn’t end up in an impersonal probate court. She can also assist you with writing a will, establishing durable and medical powers of attorney, and creating directives for advanced healthcare and assisted living.
- Real estate: Buying or selling a property in Kentucky will likely represent your single largest financial transaction. It makes sense to work with an experienced real estate attorney like Lanna Martin Kilgore to ensure that you complete all steps correctly and that your best interests are represented throughout the process.
Lanna Martin Kilgore and her staff of two full-time paralegals work with clients located in Allen, Butler, Edmonton, Logan, Simpson, and Todd counties. Ms. Kilgore is a member in good standing of the Kentucky Bar Association, the Kentucky Justice Association, and the Bowling Green, Warren County Bar Association.
Melissa Jones, a paralegal with 20 years of experience, works mostly with people going through the bankruptcy process. Sarah Hiskey is a paralegal who has worked with Ms. Kilgore for 11 years. She focuses on divorce, estate planning, litigation, and probate. She also puts her Bachelor of Arts in English to good use preparing our documents. Both Melissa Jones and Sarah Hiskey are members of the Southern Kentucky Association of Paralegals.
We Work Hard While Speaking to You in Plain English
After 25 years in practice, Ms. Kilgore has built a stellar reputation as an attorney who can successfully manage complicated civil litigation matters at the original trial as well as any appeal. You can depend on her exceptional legal research skills to present your case in the best possible light in court. She is diligent in uncovering evidence, following through with clients, and speaking to them directly about their case. Ms. Kilgore feels that the best way to ensure she meets client needs is to commit to a direct and personal relationship with each one.
People who have made a career of practicing law often assume that everyone else understands the industry language. Ms. Kilgore and her staff make a special point of speaking to clients about their case in clear, concise language they can understand. You won’t have the frustration of dealing with “legalese” here. She makes you feel comfortable enough to ask any question that comes to mind. Ms. Kilgore understands that she is here to serve you and makes sure you understand a legal action before moving forward with it.
Lanna Martin Kilgore’s Education and Legal Background
Before opening her own private legal practice, Ms. Kilgore worked for the federal court as an attorney for three years. She feels this prepared her for early success in the courtroom. Ms. Kilgore earned her Bachelor of Arts at Western Kentucky University where she graduated summa cum laude. She went on to earn a juris doctor (J.D.) from the University of Kentucky College of Law.
In addition to her three professional associations and memberships listed above, her credentials have earned her the ability to practice law in Kentucky State Courts, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky, and the Sixth Circuit of the U.S. Court of Appeals.
Work with an Attorney Who Cares About You
Does having an attorney who personally returns your calls, knows your name, and cares deeply about the outcome of your case sound too good to be true? It’s not when you’re a client of Lanna Martin Kilgore, PLLC, Attorney at Law. As the spouse of a pastor, Ms. Kilgore believes in using her talents to aid people in their time of need. If you’re struggling with one of the legal issues she represents, don’t hesitate to contact her office in Bowling Green, Kentucky to request a confidential review of your case.