Lanna Martin Kilgore, PLLC
Always ReadY, Always There.
Call Today to Schedule a Consultation 270.846.3700 This is an Advertisement

Links and Resources on Bankruptcy, Real Estate Law in Kentucky and More

You may be visiting our website because you were looking for a lawyer, but you may just be looking for more information about the law in a particular area. The law office of Lanna Martin Kilgore provides the following links and resources to help people looking for more information on bankruptcy, real estate, estate planning, business law, personal injury and divorce in Kentucky. If you are looking for a lawyer, please contact our office for a consultation with an able and experienced Bowling Green attorney who is ready to help you.

Kentucky Bankruptcy Resources

The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Kentucky is centered in Louisville with offices in Bowling Green, Owensboro and Paducah. Its jurisdiction spans 53 counties in the western part of the state. The Bowling Green Division serves Warren County and 17 other counties.

The website for the Chapter 13 Trustee for the Western District of Kentucky has helpful and informative links, including a list of frequently asked questions and a way to email documents needed for the section 341 meeting. Click here for general information about the United States Trustee Program.

The main website for the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts also has helpful information for consumers, including general Bankruptcy Basics and more specific information related to Chapter 7 and Chapter 13.

The American Bar Association provides information for consumers on Chapter 7 “straight” bankruptcy and Chapter 13” wage earner’s bankruptcy.”

To read provisions of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code, you can go to the U.S. Code page at the U.S. House of Representatives and click on the Title 11 PDF button. To access individual portions of the code, such as Chapter 7 or Chapter 13, click here.

If you are struggling with your mortgage payments, get foreclosure help and hope from NeighborWorks America, including foreclosure counseling and modification assistance. Information on foreclosure prevention is also available from the FDIC, along with information on predatory lending and how to obtain a lien release.

Making Home Affordable is a federal government website with a variety of programs aimed at helping homeowners obtain a loan modification, re-fi, or avoid foreclosure with a short sale, deed in lieu of foreclosure, or cash for keys agreement. Programs include Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP), Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives Program (HAFA), and Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP), among others. Although these are all government programs, lenders are not required to modify a loan or make any other concessions. You may have better luck working directly with an experienced Kentucky bankruptcy lawyer to explore your options, such as stripping a second mortgage or stopping foreclosure through Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

Real Estate Resources

Visit the website for the Warren County PVA (Property Valuation Administrator) to learn about your Bowling Green property assessment and tax bill or conduct a property search by location address, owner name or parcel number.

Links to local property tax rates for Bowling Green and Warren County as well as statewide local property tax rates and certified assessment values can be found at the Kentucky Department of Revenue.

Learn more about living and working in Bowling Green at the city’s official municipal website. To learn about the schools, visit the websites for Bowling Green City Schools (Bowling Green Independent School District) or Warren County Public Schools.

Estate Planning Resources

The American Bar Association publishes a bi-monthly magazine on estate planning and the relation between wills and trusts and real estate. View past issues at the ABA’s Probate & Property Magazine Archive. They also provide estate planning tips for consumers called 10 things estate planning can do for you.

Find out how you can avoid paying capital gains taxes on certain property transfers at this IRS webpage on section 1031 Like-Kind Exchanges.

Business Law Resources

Visit the office of the Kentucky Secretary of State to conduct an organization search, file an annual report or other business filings, or retrieve forms for business filings. Many tools for your business can be found at the Kentucky Business One Stop Portal on the Secretary’s website.

Download tax forms, register a business or update your account information at the Kentucky Department of Revenue.

Divorce Resources

If you are having trouble receiving child support, the federal Office of Child Support Enforcement may be able to help. If you cannot locate the parent responsible for paying support, there is a Federal Parent Locator Service. In Kentucky, visit the Kentucky Child Support website to apply for child support or make payments, report address changes, verify payment history and past due amounts, and other child support activity.

If you are interested in estimating the amount of child support which may be awarded in your case, you can use this child support calculator at the Kentucky Child Support website. You will need to know the number of children involved; the amount of any current child support obligation; and financial information for both the custodial and non-custodial parents, including income and certain expenses such as health insurance and child care costs. Remember that this is only an estimate.

Car Accident and Personal Injury Resources

If your car was totaled and you are looking for a good estimate of its pre-crash value, see the Kelly Blue Book or NADA Guides.

For information and services regarding vehicle titling and registration in the commonwealth of Kentucky, visit the Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing.

Some informative government websites on safe driving and vehicle safety, including distracted driving and other issues, include the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and

If you were injured in a truck accident, you might want to review the regulations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) covering truckers and the trucking industry, including restrictions on the height, weight and width of trucks, maximum hours of service allowed for drivers, required safety equipment and more. You can also access an FMCSA database containing the safety records and accident history of a particular trucking company through the Safety and Fitness Electronic Records (SAFER) database.

Information on motorcycle safety and motorcycle accidents can be found through the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. An overview of Kentucky motorcycle laws can be found at the website for the American Motorcycle Association. You may also want to visit Yield to Life for safety tips and accident advice applicable to motorcyclists and bicyclists.


Share This Page:
Contact Form Tab